Crewi is thought to have started life in the mid 16th
as a water powered mill for fulling cloth.
Altered in 1818
to mill corn, flour production was carried out
on the site until the late 1930's. Having fallen into disrepair,
the mill was brought back to life and once again ground corn
in 1985. Recently the property has undergone its latest transformation
into two self-catering cottages and bed and breakfast accommodation.
has been sympathetically undertaken in order to retain as
many of the original features as possible. The waterwheel
fed from the mill pond still turns and much of the mill machinery
remains in place. A wealth of exposed beams, inglenook fireplaces
and slate walls all help to recreate the atmosphere of bygone
Standing in three
acres of gardens and having a riverside walk, Felin Crewi
offers the perfect antidote to the hectic pace of the 21st
century. Relax on the decking by the mill pond or stroll around
the grounds and look out for dippers, red kites, herons and
even the elusive kingfisher!